Saturday, June 16, 2012

What's "buggin" you?

You know, something is BUGGIN' me. Before I started "Dumpster Diva" I was in the direct sales field. I loved it and what the company stands for. It was a "Christian" based company, but not everyone who had an account was a "christian" I learned that first hand. Oh, you say don't judge? Well the Bible says Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them (Matthew 7:20) If you say you are a apple tree, and you have lemons growing, you are NOT an apple tree!! ANYWAY...during my 12 years with this company, I saw so many people who were threatened by others. It was a very CUT THROAT WORLD. When I started my own business, I brought a lot of what I learned in sales, marketing and decorating with me. I love to share ideas, and help others with their business.  As a director in the company, that was my JOB, to teach others how to do all of it! With that being said, as I have met many beautiful people, in the "JUNK" world, 99% of them are genuine and are ready to help. However, occasionally, there are some who want the SPOT LIGHT, and will STEP ON ANYONE to get it. What is wrong with people. Why don't this type of person see if they help others, it will come back, and on the other hand if they hurt others, that too will come back?  I'm not the sharpest tac in the box, but  to me that is a no brainer! I want to say to anyone who has been hurt by someone in this business, or in any other business, keep your head up, and keep being YOU! When someone is doing bad things at the expense of you, that person obviously has issues. But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them who despitefully use you, and persecute you; (MATTHEW 5:44) That is some Great advise!!!! That is really all we can do. We cannot change others, but we can change any outcome with prayer! One more scripture to remember is...."No weapon that is formed against you will prosper; And every tongue that accuses you in judgment you will condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, And their vindication is from Me," declares the LORD
 ( Isaiah 54:17) I'm glad I got that off my chest. So....What's Buggin' YOU? 

4 comments:

  1. Girl, thanks for reminding me. Yes, it's a dog-eat-dog world out there. As Christians, we have to remind ourselves of what truly matters and this is just "rubbish" as Paul says, compared to knowing Jesus. I've had some rather rude competition lately and needed to remember to bless those who curse me. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said. I've dealt with many people like this over the years. We have to rise above it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Melissa for posting this! My fear has been "buggin" me! And I so needed to read this post. I have been standing at the door for a while now, watching, dreaming, building and planning. I finally stuck my head out there and have had a huge fear come over me lately! Ugggggg I know God has my back but satan sure tries to steal the dreams. You and all the amazing people I have found in this precious world of people living thier dreams give me so much hope, joy and inspiration! As my sweet grandmother would say "Phooey" on this fear!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!